At Welcome we are redefining the way people travel by offering them the most personalized and complete experience. From the moment our customers step outside the airplane till they get back home, we provide them with the warmest, most informative and friendliest transfer from and to the airport, equip them with all the necessary products they will need during their trip, as well as stand by them for any information or product they need for the duration of their stay, through our mobile application.
Although we are just a 3-years old company, we have been named «Best New Solution in Travel for 2016«, have welcomed more than 600,000 travelers across 28 destinations worldwide, gathered raving reviews for our level of service.
If you feel you are one of those stellar A-players who can join our mission to expand Welcome globally and create the perfect travel experience from start to finish, go ahead and apply for the position.
Welcome is hiring for a Business Development Manager (based in Athens). The role of the Business Development Manager is sales-oriented as the main task of the position is to close as many partners (i.e. hotels), who will promote the Welcome. The position reports to Head of Partnerships.
The position requires a strong entrepreneurial spirit and an exceptional aptitude in sales and team management. Some travelling will be required. Experience in relevant roles is highly appreciated.
Here are some of the things that you will be expected to accomplish:
- Generate new business opportunities and manage pipeline
- Manage a team of Sales Representatives (internal and external) covering 3 countries
- Identify industry decision makers and build relationships
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly KPIs
- Help develop sales strategies and messaging to increase new partnerships opportunities
- Collect market / industry feedback and present new business opportunities
- Attend and/or host local industry related events.
The successful candidate will have proven sales track record, previous experience in managing effective sales teams and a comprehensive understanding of the travel market.
Skills and qualifications
- At least 4 years of experience in sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced sales skills ¬with the ability to think creatively when challenged
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Self-starter, team oriented with a desire to learn
- Result-driven with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong network of contacts in hospitality/travel industry
- Experience in CRM and pipeline tools (ex. Salesforce, Pipedrive, custom CRMs etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Hospitality
- Knowledge of related products, services and markets.
- Compensation is a combination of salary and performance bonus
- Tools that you need to successfully perform your daily tasks, as well as a solution for an office space.