DRAXIS was founded in 2000 in Thessaloniki focusing on environmental IT applications and services. It supports the entire life cycle of Environmental projects, from requirements to development and implementation and finally, management and maintenance. Through the combined use of Geographic Information System technologies, Environmental know-how and Environmental Remote Sensing and Database Software Products, DRAXIS offers its clients the ability to achieve substantial improvements in Environmental performance. DRAXIS portfolio includes more than 40 local and national authorities, and more than 150 private organisations.
We are looking for a Full Stack developer to help DRAXIS build and maintain Envi4all (their flagship mobile application that offers information on current, forecast, and historical air pollution levels, making use of open data on air quality and user-generated information).
The successful candidate will be based in Thessaloniki or in Athens and his/her main duties will include:
- Full stack web and hybrid mobile app development using AngularJS and Ionic SDK on the front-end and Node.js with Sails.js on the back-end
- Design, build and deploy features both on the front-end clients and the back-end services
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, development, test, release and support).
In order for you to be able to successfully carry out the duties of the job, you should possess the following:
- Bachelor degree in applied/engineering sciences and/or computer sciences
- 5+ years relevant experience building and deploying internet enabled (web, mobile, services) software systems and services.
- 3+ years of experience with back-end technologies (preferably Node.js / Sails framework)
- 3+ years of experience with front-end tech (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and AngularJS / Ionic)
- Familiarity with testing and debugging
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Proficient understanding of source control tools such as GIT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Team spirit.
- NoSQL database experience highly desirable (Mongo)
- Docker experience highly desirable
- User experience capabilities / Good basic UX design sense.
In case you are selected for the specific position, you will have access to the following:
• Competitive remuneration package
• Modern, dynamic and friendly working environment
• Continuous development opportunities in multidisciplinary cutting-edge technologies.