Epignosis is an established, yet fast growing company with more than 15 years of experience in developing web applications for elearning. Its clientele spans 5 continents and more than 50 countries, with thousands of organizations trusting its products. The company’s portfolio includes eFront, an award-winning enterprise LMS; TalentLMS, a flexible cloud-based LMS; and TalentCards, a mobile microlearning solution.
The position is for the Manager of Quality Assurance and Automation. It is responsible for specifying, operating and maintaining a QA architecture that will integrate organically to the existing processes, while at the same time enforcing best practices. The person will be responsible for hiring new staff for the QA team, interfacing with the development and product management teams, suggesting tools and technologies, and implementing the necessary procedures. Emphasis will be put in automating anything that can be automated, using best tools and practices.
- Design comprehensive and effective QA processes from scratch, with emphasis on automation, for the company’s 3 products and their respective mobile apps and APIs
- Implement and maintain the software needed to apply the QA processes
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Specify, apply and evaluate a QA roadmap for seemlessly enhaning the QA processes of the company, determining the right mix of manual and automated testing so as to maximize savings from the QA process
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new QA tools and test strategies
- Provide mentoring to the testing team as required
- Work across Service Teams and Develop strategies for creations of test data
- Develop Agile testing practices and train the team members.
To be qualified for the job, you must possess the following skills and requirements:
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with focus and provable hands-on experience on automation
- Experience in setting up and using an automated QA environment
- Hands-on experience with Automation and CI tools and services (such as Jenkins, Travis, Postman, jmeter, Selenium etc)
- Experience in testing web applications, as well as mobile applications
- Excellent communication skills, capability to form, inspire, lead and coordinate the QA team in an efficient and productive way
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes, with strong focus on automation
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Working with Agile processes and tools, such as Scrum
- Familiarity with security-related standards and penetration testing processes
- Basic programming skills, related to QA scripting and/or PHP
- Familiarity with git or github
- Strong leadership and cooperation skills
- Ability to adapt to existing processes
- Understanding of the business needs that drive priorities
- Passion for testing, breaking and ultimately improving software
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- Possession of QA-related Certifications is a plus.
In case you are selected for the specific position, you will:
- Work on what you love, together with people that understand technology and strive for excellence
- Exciting, challenging and highly-rewarding scope of work that has tangible impact on high-class products used by thousands of industry-leading customers
- Create and lead a team of skilled QA engineers
- Design and implement software QA automation procedures.
- Face challenges, solve difficult problems, plan ahead, be productive
- Receive a competitive salary
- Enjoy a private healthcare plan.
But you will not:
- Have to deal with constantly changing deadlines and priorities
- Work with people that don’t understand the importance of QA for a product’s lifecycle
- See people come as easily as they go
- Fight for introducing important new processes and ideas
- Worry about the company’s overall health and prosperity.
Are you interested?
Are you a successful Quality Assurance and Automation Manager who wants to join a vibrant, focused and technically-minded team responsible for developing, customizing and supporting web-based eLearning solutions for high-traffic, high-performance sites?