Epignosis is an engineering company. They hire people with a broad set of technical skills, ready to take on high technological challenges and make an impact on thousands of users. Epignosis engineers not only revolutionize eLearning, they constantly work on large-scale applications and eLearning services for thousands of customers around the world. From eFront to TalentLMS and then TalentCards, Epignosis engineers are providing exciting eLearning experiences to the users, one technological achievement after another.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll be at the heart of Epignosis’ engineering process, building software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high-quality products quickly.
They are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing eLearning software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
They ensure Epignosis’ success by collaborating with engineering teams and developing scalable frameworks, tools, and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly.
They impact thousands of Epignosis clients and millions of learners by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring their products are thoroughly tested.
They are champions of code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
This is a unique opportunity to grow as an engineer, as you’ll have access to all of Epignosis’ eLearning services and infrastructure. They typically work in small, nimble, vertical infrastructure teams that collaborate on common problems across products and focus areas. As a result, the exposure to this broad set of problems provides diverse technical challenges, as well as accelerated career growth.
Top 10 responsibilities
- Design and develop scalable test infrastructure, frameworks, and tools to enable developers to efficiently test their changes
- Identify and build tools that will improve developer productivity and will be used across different teams
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for reliability, performance and testability
- Work with various engineering teams to derive insights and provide visibility and visualization on test failures across multiple platforms
- Partner with engineers cross-functionally to strengthen a reliable and stable integration environment
- Contribute to a strategy for continuous deployment; design, implement and execute the same in collaboration with engineers
- Debug and consider test effect/impact across architectural stacks
- Ιnvestigate, debug, and troubleshoot issues in services and infrastructure
- Spread adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
Top 10 qualifications
- Industry experienced in developing test infrastructure & test frameworks to automate testing of RESTful services, libraries and APIs
- You believe in clean code principles, shift left testing, and work against the reverse test pyramid
- You enjoy test-driven development and promote its usage across engineering teams
- Experienced in unit test frameworks like Jest, PHPUnit or JUnit, API test frameworks such as REST Assured or FrisbyJS, and relational/non-relational databases
- Passionate about test infrastructure & continuous deployment
- Experienced in build systems like Jenkins / AWS CodePipeline, build tools like Gradle / Maven, and package management tools like npm
- You have scripting skills in Shell, Groovy, Python or Go
- You thrive by collaborating with multiple teams and you use your communication skills to influence product direction
- You have curiosity and you dedicate to learning, and you are able to apply new knowledge in a pragmatic and timely manner.
Nice to have
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- You have built scalable and reliable services and you are comfortable or open to developing/testing microservices in Go & NodeJS
- Experience in developing visual regression services
- Experience working with modern Kanban frameworks.
They are a diverse group of smart, fun and GIF-loving professionals working in offices around the world, including the U.S., the U.K., Greece, and Cyprus!
In case you’re selected, you’ll enjoy benefits that make you more productive at work and contribute to your professional development, including:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Private health insurance plan
- Ticket Restaurant benefits
- Gorgeous office space
- Professional and personal development
- A vibrant working environment full of creative individuals
- ..and balance — i.e., they go big AND they go home.