Douleutaras.gr is the leading tech-enabled company for home services. We launched 3.5 years ago and since then we have helped more than 250.000 customers find the right expert for their job. We have been growing extremely fast (more than €2m annual revenue in just 3 years of operation) and are supported by top-tier investors from Greece and abroad. We have assembled a world-class team that shares the same mission; make the purchase of home services as convenient as ordering products online! Join us in disrupting the €400 billion home services market!
As a Software Backend Engineer you will be building core capabilities and services for Douleutaras.gr and you must be passionate about software engineering and awesome product experiences. You should care deeply about writing solid code, you closely follow industry trends and the open source community, you are curious and an avid learner. You like to move fast and get code into production because you know that your work has a positive impact on the lives of end users.
- Participate in the agile feature/product design process working with cross-functional teams including: Product Management, Design and Operations
- Collaborate with other engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies
- Engage with customers to get a first-hand understanding of their needs
- Design and rapidly prototype proposed solutions
- Implement features, products, and enhancements that improve the user experience.
In order for you to be able to successfully carry out the duties of the job, you should possess the following:
- Proven experience in developing web applications with Python using the Django framework
- 3+ years professional experience with enterprise architecture and developing highly scalable websites/services
- Strong Understanding of OOP principles/design patterns
- Proven REST services experience
- Source control systems experience
- Experience in ELK, Postgres, PostGIS (and GIS in general)
- Experience in Docker, DevOps, Linux
- Hands-on experience developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications
- Good written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Self starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and technologies.
Desired (but not necessary)
- Golang, JS experience
- Experience with Pyramid/Flask/Tornado or another Python framework
- Experience in working with Agile Methodologies
- Prior participation in a startup environment.
- You will feel the thrill of owning a business and marvel just a few weeks later at what you have achieved
- Impact the lives of our millions of customers and of the professionals we partner with
- Being a part of an international team that has grown significantly the past two years
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- A bespoke development plan that will allow you to utilise your potential and grow quickly
- The pleasure of being part of a high-performance team that works hard but has plenty of fun in the process.