AbZorba Games is a world leading games studio, and now part of Novomatic Interactive, renowned in its sector who creates superb, high-quality multiplayer games that entertain and engage gamers all across the globe.
The successful candidate will be based in Athens and his/her main duties will include:
- Build secure, robust, scalable, high availability game servers supporting millions of players globally
- Maintain and improve existing game servers
- Write efficient, maintainable, self documenting code
- Deliver specifications to game engineers regarding the communication model.
In order for you to be able to successfully carry out the duties of the job, you should possess the following:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field – but if you don’t have it but have all the rest tell us!
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language
- Deep understanding of network communication protocols (REST, sockets)
- Extensive experience in multithreaded environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
Great to have:
- Ideally experienced in building high-availability systems
- Demonstrated experience with J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, Struts
- Experience with PHP programming language
- Familiar with Python scripting
- Apache Maven
- Database systems (MYSQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Git version control system.
- Desire to own projects from concept to production
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Keen attention to detail
- Gets stuff done!
- Self-directed learner who quickly learns new programming languages and/or technologies.
In case you are selected for the position of Back-End Software Engineer, you will have access to the following:
- World leading Games Studio, part of the Greentube Novomatic Group
- Competitive Salaries, Bonuses and Rewards
- Private health insurance
- Modern working environment with all the fun stuff – Foosball and wii games room included
- Remote working is an option too as the company is currently fully operating remotely
- Team bonding activities fully covered
- Attending global conferences.