White Research is a fast-developing consulting company based in Brussels, offering market research, business, and policy advisory services. They work together with leading academic and industrial partners on large collaborative projects in areas ranging from innovation, mobility, and energy, to smart cities and sustainability.
We are currently looking for a Horizon 2020 Project Manager to join their International Projects / Research department in their affiliate office in Thessaloniki which specialises in the design, management and elaboration of Η2020 research and innovation projects.
The successful candidate will be based in Thessaloniki and his/her main duties will include:
- Strong involvement in the conceptualisation and drafting process for new Horizon 2020 proposals
- Co-lead the development of the company’s research portfolio in the domains of her/his research expertise
- Project management and implementation of H2020 research projects, including day-to-day management
- Assist in the design and implementation of the company’s H2020 project tasks and deliverables
- Manage internal or external human resources/teams in project implementation
- Involvement in the strategic planning of the Horizon 2020 activities, as well as in the recruitment and mentoring of junior staff
In order for you to be able to successfully carry out the duties of the job, you should possess the following:
- MSc in Business, Social Sciences or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- More than 3 years of experience in the implementation and management of EU research projects (Horizon 2020).
- Involvement in the core preparation of Horizon 2020 proposals
- Multi-tasking abilities and a consultant mindset (e.g. being able work across different tasks and domains, with demanding deadlines, proactive attitude and eagerness to learn)
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, is a must. Fluency in French is desirable, other languages are a plus but not a requirement
- International outlook and ambition (e.g. experience abroad, experience with multi-national teams and openness towards traveling abroad).
- Communication and social skills (e.g. competence in expressing complex ideas in writing, networking skills, communication and presentation skills, ability to work in diverse teams).
In case you are selected for the specific position, you will have access to the following:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Modern, dynamic and friendly working environment
- Opportunity to develop substantial professional and research skills.